Welcome to the “Start Here” page! I’m honored that you chose Rowing Machine King to help you find the perfect rowing machine.
My mission is to take the pain out of searching for a rowing machine by finding you exactly what you want and fast!
It all began after I suffered a knee injury. No longer able to run long distance for cardio, I decided to buy a rowing machine.
I searched online for the perfect rower but it was a painful experience. I had to visit numerous sites and the more research I did, the more confused I became.
I created Rowing Machine King to help take the pain out of searching for a rowing machine.
My goal was to create a one stop shop where you can quickly find all the information about buying the perfect rowing machine.
As my site grew, I realized it was becoming a confusing mess like the websites I once cursed! Thus the creation of the “Start Here” page. A guide to help you get started on your selection journey.
Just follow the guide below and narrow down your search in less than 10 minutes!
Step One: Personal Rowing Concierge
Have you read about my “Rowing Concierge” service!?… No!? Well let me explain briefly.
It is my free service to personally pick the best rowing machine for you based off your preferences.
All you have to do is visit my Rowing Concierge Page by clicking the link or button below. After filling out the short form, I will personally respond with a detailed description of what rower I believe you should purchase and why.
I guarantee a response within 48 hrs (usually less but I like to play it safe).
Why should you participate?
- Very easy
- Saves you time
- Saves you money
- Saves you the headache
- It’s FREE!
Prefer to continue this journey alone? Then please continue below.
Step Two: How to Find the Best Rowing Machine?
Starting your search without first asking yourself a few questions would be like going house hunting and asking your real estate agent to just take you anywhere. You need to first narrow down your search based off your preferences.
Below are some questions to answer that will dramatically narrow down your search. If you are unsure about your answer just read the linked articles for full explanations.
Question #1: What is your budget?
Deciding how much you are willing to spend on a new rowing machine will be the first step to narrowing down your choices.
Maybe your budget is $250. Perfect, you have now narrowed down your search to about 20% of all available rowers. Now a much easier selection to browse.
I like to group rowers into 4 price groups, so try to pick one of the groups below:
- $249 & Under
- $250 – $499
- $500 – $999
- Over $1,000
Easy, done, great! Now moving on….
Question #2: What type of resistance do you prefer?
Rowing machines come in four different resistance types: Water, Air, Magnetic, and Hydraulic Piston.
Each type has their own pros and cons. Having a specific resistance you want or eliminating ones you don’t like will help narrow down the search field further.
If you’re unsure which type to choose, visit my article I wrote about choosing a resistance type.
Some questions to think about when reading the article are:
- Is this resistance type typically offered in my price range?
- What noise level do I want?
- How strong of resistance do I need?
Choosing a resistance type can vastly narrow down the search field just like price. For example, searching for a rowing machine in Amazon will return over 100 different options. If you are sure you want an air rower this can narrow down your search to less than 15 rowing machines!
Still confused? I have another small excerpt on resistance types in my Buyer’s Guide Article.
Question #3: What capacity do you need?
- How tall are you? Most rowers fit people up to 6’4″ but some compact rowers can be less than this height. Rowing machine length can be a good indicator of capacity but make sure to check height restrictions when reading my rowing machine reviews.
- How much do you weigh? Rowing machines have a weight limits ranging from 250 lbs up to 1,000 lbs. If you are on the heavier side make sure your rower can accommodate your weight.
Question #4: Size, weight, and storage needs?
- Do you have enough space to use the rower? Rowers come in all sizes. Some are more suitable for smaller apartments than others.
- Are you comfortable wheeling around a 100 lb. rower or do you need something lightweight?
- Do you need your rower to fold for storage or can you store it upright? Some rowers can fold into small closets while others can be stood up vertically.
Question #5: Any personal needs?
Asking yourself these 4 questions will help narrow down your search to a few rowers. However, a lot of people have personal preferences that need to be addressed.
Maybe you need the rower to fit under your bed or be lightweight to transport. Maybe you have bad knees so you need a higher seat to get on and off the rower easily.
I wrote an article a few years ago that goes over the previous questions and may help you think of some other preferences you want in a rower.
Ask yourself what you would want in the perfect rower so you can analyze each machine properly when reading the reviews.
Finally: The Rowing Machine Comparison Chart
Now that you have answered these 5 easy questions you are ready to find the perfect rower. I have created a rowing machine comparison chart to analyze the best rowing machines.
You can sort the list by price, resistance type, length, etc. and then read the full review for more information.
Are you ready!? Click the button or “Find a Rower” tab in the top navigation.
By now you should have a very good idea of what type of rowing machine you prefer. If you are having a hard time deciding you can always ask me personally.
Step Three: Most Popular Posts
Top 5 Posts About Buying a Rower
- Best Home Rowing Machine
- Rowing Machine Buyer’s Guide
- Best Rowing Machine Under $500
- Which is Better: A Treadmill or Rowing Machine?
- Best in class by Price and Resistance Type
Top 5 Random Articles
- What Does A Rowing Machine Do For Your Body?
- Will A Rowing Machine Help Me Lose Weight?
- Calories Burned On A Rowing Machine
- Rowing Machine Benefits
- Rowing Machine Abs Benefits
Top 5 Reviews
- Stamina Air Rower 1399 Review
- Concept2 Model D Review
- Concept2 Model D vs. Concept2 Model E
- WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine Review
- Stamina Avari Magnetic Rower Review
Step Four: Will You Help Me?
Now I would like to ask for your help!
If you find the information I am providing to be useful please give it a share or a like on Facebook and other social media platforms. It would really mean a lot to me.
Thank you and I hope this “Start Here” page was enough to get you started! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send me an email at [email protected] or leave a comment on any article.